Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin E mask, What an interesting name! The Freshly Juiced Vitamin E mask is a cult favourite and I have been wanting to try it out for a long time.
Since Sokoglam doesn’t run any international shipping offers and Jolse doesn’t have Klairs, I decided to get it from Yesstyle when they had offers running. I got this and the Banila Co Clean it Zero cleanser at a great offer. I was mostly fascinated by the texture of the Vitamin E mask and all the positive reviews out there.
The Vitamin C serum from Klairs is also a favourite from the brand and this and the Freshly Juiced Vitamin E mask is even recommended by Charlotte Cho of Sokoglam and many famous beauty bloggers.
Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin E mask
Vit E is an anti oxidant and a wonderful ingredient that can be paired with Vit C to enhance and stabilise its efficacy. Vit E also has moisturising and strengthening properties. It can be used on nails, under eyes, hair and the Vit E generally available is a thick viscous liquid.
Now coming the the Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin E mask, this can be used as an over night mask or a day time moisturiser. All you need to adjust is the quantity you apply.
The texture is quite impressive. I have not come across any other product that has the same feel to it. The unique bouncy texture is referred to as “shape memory cream”. It is jelly like when you scoop out, all jiggly but once you apply on skin it melts and gets a loose watery texture. The cream spreads quite well and gets absorbed easily if a thin layer is applied. You can see the video of the texture on my Insta Highlights.
The three key ingredients advertised are Vit E, Niacinamide and Adenosine. All three are great for skin health and Niacinamide in particular is a very versatile and one of my favourite ingredients. Adenosine is known for its smoothening and anti ageing benefits and is derived from yeast.
Here is the full ingredients list:
Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Niacinamide, Sodium Hyaluronate, Carrageenan, Gellan Gum, Betaine, Algin, Mannan, Ceramide NP, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Arginine, Ethylhexylglycerin, Centella Asiatica Extract, Rubus Fruticosus (Blackberry) Fruit Extract, Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Phragmites Communis Extract, Adenosine, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Cananga Odorata Flower Oil
My take on the product:
To be frank, I am not at all impressed by this mask. I feel there are far better moisturisers by Indian chemical free skin care brands that gives better results.
Here are the reasons why the product did not work for me:
- Not a fan of the powdery synthetic fragrance. It is not strong or overpowering but still not a calming fragrance for a sleeping mask.
- If you apply a thin layer, it gets absorbed easily but the cream fails to nourish the skin. I have normal skin type that tends to have dry patches during summers in low humidity. But unlike moisturisers that keeps your skin soft, supple for long, this tends to do nothing but give temporary relief.
- You need to apply a thick layer for this to work as a sleeping mask. The cream feels sticky to touch and takes a long time to get absorbed. Can easily get transferred to pillows and sheets. So better to apply this a while before you sleep.
- Unlike what the brand claims, I did not find my skin to be soften the morning. Eventhough the dry patches around my cheeks feel better in the morning, the t zone gets oily. So make sure you apply thicker layer over dry patches but not so much in areas that tend to get oily.
- And lastly, for the price of the product and having to buy it from these sites that takes months to ship it to you, I don’t think it is worth trying out.
I think Korean brands like COSRx and Neogen has much impressive products that shows immediate results.
So overall I wouldn’t recommend this product since you can get great products for affordable prices in India.
You might also be interested in:
3859total visits,13visits today