I am not a big fan of shaving. Not because of all the ‘myths’ associated with it like, shaving can make your hair grow back thicker, shaving makes skin rough and so on. It’s just that I am okay with hairy arms and legs. And if at all I want to remove the hair, I wax them off with store bought cold wax strips or I get it done from a beauty parlour. Wax strips eventhough convenient are really messy and time consuming. I hate it when the wax blobs just stick to skin even after a bath and it has to be removed with oil or the cleaning cloth. So well I thought, why not try shaving. And looks like I am a fan. It was easy, convenient, fast and well I am left with smooth skin. So here are the 3 products you need for a smooth hairless skin.
1. A good razor : I used the Gillette Venus Razor for women
2. Shaving cream : Natural shaving cream from Indian Earthy Naturals
3. Body scrub : Sweet Orange, Honey and Cinnamon Sugar scrub from Juicy Chemistry
Why I prefer this razor over it’s other counterparts : The Gillette Venus is very easy to use and gives a smooth shave. It is affordable and available easily.You can buy it in your local stores or online at about 200 Rs (here).
This razor has 3 blades and an oval head. There is an aloe, vit E strip on the head which is an indicator of the usability of the blades. The handle has a grip and is easy to hold and move around. Also the blue padding strip at the bottom of the head helps in safe and close shave.
Navrasa Herby Organic Shaving Cream
You might have seen this shaving cream on my instagram handle in my haul post.There was a sale going on and I bought it at a discounted rate. For those who are new to the brand, Indian Earthy Naturals is an Indian organic skincare brand that makes mainly bath and body products of high quality with all natural ingredients. I bought a couple of shampoo bars and shaving cream from the brand for my husband, but well doesn’t hurt to try it out on myself. As you can see, the ingredient list has all natural skin foods like cocoa butter, shea butter and essential oils. The notes of lavender, vanilla and patchouli gives the cream a herby and mysterious scent. The cream is off-white in colour and is very thick and dense. Also this cream does not dry out the skin. Only a small quantity is needed and this tub is sure to last me very long.
Price : Rs 900
If you are a regular reader of my blog, you are no stranger to Juicy Chemistry. As rightly named, this orange cinnamon body scrub from the brand, smells truly like Christmas in a jar. It’s warm aroma has notes of cinnamon, orange and many other skin loving oils and butters. This scrub sloughes away all the dead skin. Eventhough it is not as moisturizing as the rose shea scrub from the brand, it is gritty enough to polish the skin well. you can also use the junaili apricot scrub reviewed here.
Price : Rs250 for 35g
HOW TO SHAVE FOR A SMOOTH SKIN
1. Wash the area to be shaved with warm water : I usually soak a wash cloth in hot water and use that to cleanse.
2. Apply a liberal amount of shaving cream on the skin and lather it well. This shaving cream has a thick creamy foam, which makes it easy for the razor to glide and have a close shave.
3. Run the razor in short strokes along the skin, on the opposite direction of hair growth. Wash the razor head after few strokes and repeat. Donot run the razor in one long stretch, as this might cause nicks and cuts on the skin. Be gentle and careful.
4. Once done with shaving, rub the sugar scrub and massage it gently on the skin. Concentrate on the bumpy areas like elbows. Wash it off.
5. Apply a natural skincare lotion or body butter and enjoy satin soft, smooth skin.
Do Subscribe to keep updated on latest posts.
2716total visits,3visits today